Sunday, October 25, 2009

Of Running and Eating

Adidas King of the Road's tagline this year is "Because every runner is different". So true not only in the race, but in life as well. And yet despite these differences, a motley of personalities manage to get along. It just takes some effort and patience though. And everything in life, not just running, needs that extra effort and patience. (Serious mode stops here.)

Anyway, this year's KOTR wasn't as well-organized as the others, but it offered a lot of interesting sidelights. Not to mention that the singlet is screaming "Look how yellow I am". Some runners had funny lines written on their backs. Some had pretty serious "bumper lines". Everybody seemed to be on high spirits today. I even heard one runner looking for his Yaya to ask for the time. That put a smile in my face which stayed 'til the finish line.

Running today was a wonderful opportunity to bond with running buddies Shing, Sarah and Jufel.


back of famished runners

Running made us all famished. So it was quite a treat when Jufel and I chanced upon a new food choice in Food Choices. Go Greek! just opened last week in Glorietta. And I think today is a a beginning of a beautiful friendship between Go Greek! and I. Here's a sampler of what they have to offer at very reasonable prices.


Gyros Platter at P155

Kebab (what's left of it anyway) at P95

I'm now looking forward to the next fun run and my next Go Greek! visit. And both are definitely going to happen very soon.


7 comments:

Helen Sophia Chua Balderama said...

try some greek salad too my dear! :-)

giting said...

Yes I did try the salad. Might try it again tom.

north korean said...

wow greek! i missed reading your blog. miss you seatmate! =)

giting said...

Hey North Korean! Namiss na rin kita. Magkita naman tayo soon.

graciecrazie said...

nix, i want to try this go greek! pambawi sa soms..... gosh, i remember my horrible experience with soms.....

nice color, giting...

shing said...

hey hey! It seems we have added many things to our repertoirs, eh? :D

See you in a few days...

giting said...

In behalf of Soms’ management, I apologize.

Lumuwas ka na kasi at magdadayb na tayo hanggang Denpasar.