Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Casting Crowns

It is so easy to give in to nonchalance with equal indifference. And just as I was about to give in to apathy and wander in the valley of bitterness, Itunes randomly picked these lyrics (from Casting Crowns' Who Am I?) to spew out in perfect timing as if talking to me.


Who am I?
That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wondering heart.


Not because of who I am.
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done.
But because of who you are.

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow.
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.

Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord you catch me when I'm falling,

And you told me who I am.


I am yours.
Who am I?
That the voice that calm the sea,
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me.

A song that reminds me who I am and reminds me that whatever storm is within me, can be the same (or less intense) turbulence troubling other people around me too. But each person has a different way of processing his or her own struggles. And in moments where I sometimes rely on myself or others, God picks me up and makes realize my true value.

1 comment:

shing said...

Giting, "We will sing, sing sing, and make music with the Heavens...grateful that You hear us..."