Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mga Kuwento

I love listening to stories of distant lands, places I haven't been to. Like a child eager for new adventures beyond the fence of her own backyard. Stories I hear transport me to places I may not have the opportunity to go to. And yet hearing stories of adventure from people take me to these places. Like a magic carpet, each story takes my imagination to the places others have seen and experienced.

But sometimes as I crane my neck too much to see beyond my fence, I neglect to see what's just in front of me, missing out on adventures within my reach. Trapped in the confines of my closed mind, I fail to uncover hidden adventures in my own backyard.



I realized I don't really need to look too far for me to experience new bonds and kinship. Wherever I may be, adventure and fun will be there, I just need an open mind to see and appreciate it.

And to those who have shared stories, be it fact or fiction, I am forever grateful for the door you have opened to a world beyond my own.

Safe journeys everyone.

2 comments:

Helen Sophia Chua Balderama said...

funny, i remember a friend of mine who kind of smiled when i told her that reading books is like traveling for me. but indeed it is - whether its a fiction or non-fiction.

i believe there are many diff channels to discover new things - as you said even in our own backyard...

giting said...

Hey, salamat sa pagdaan!

Yes even fiction, I'm reading Secret Garden again. I used the author's name as my high school journal name. And lo and behold, my roommate's (not you) name turned out to be just that.

See you soon! Maybe Tony's or Genting?