Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lighthouse Effect

There's something romantic about lighthouses. It's not just the way they light a ship's way in a moonless night.

They have a magic feel to them that I can't describe. Staring at 'em set against a backdrop of a remote cape somewhere far away, is simply enchanting. And romantic I must say.

The Philippines, being an archipelago, has a lot of lighthouses and I'm blessed to see some of them and capture their gallant stand against the ravages of nature. Some withstood the test of time and have weathered many storms.


Naidi Hills, Basco


Naidi Hills, Basco


Sabtang Island


Sabtang Island



Patar, Bolinao


Capones Island, Zambales


Corregidor Island

But my first lighthouse experience is not captured in an image but it's something very close to my heart. It is in my hometown, Ajuy. The lighthouse is in an uninhabited island (Parola) in between Panay and Negros island.

We too, as sailing ships in this vast ocean of life, have our own lighthouses that guide our way.

What's your lighthouse?

4 comments:

shing said...

I've been to that parola, Nik. It was a wonderful experience. Your photos look great.

giting said...

Thanks Shing. It's nice to have a "townmate" dropping by. And did I say I like the KOTR singlet? :=)

graciecrazie said...

nix, i already finished all entries in your blog!!-- i spent my whole tuesday digesting every single word and phrases..... ang ganda nix, i really enjoyed it...i had a great time!!!.. sana meron pa bukas so i have something to do.

giting said...

Thanks Gracie, pero na-pressure naman ako. Glad to be of service though.