Monday, March 1, 2010

Hubris

Good riddance, a phrase not commonplace in my vocabulary. One manifestation, I’m such a pack rat. I refuse to throw away anything even a boarding pass a few years old. That is just a boarding pass with sentimental value. Anyway, I think I threw it away already after debating with myself for a while.


In friendships, I sometimes try so hard to bridge distances even if some gaps may seem too wide. I try. As one friend said, “Ang tyaga mong mag e-mail ah.”

As Gary Chapman said in his book, each person has different love languages. As if on cue, last weekend, a few friends and I try to figure out our own love language using a standard set of questions taken from the book. And it turned out for me; my primary love language is quality time. A strong second would be words of affirmation and acts of service. I don’t know how accurate this 30-questionnaire test is but I tend to agree with it.

Bonds are formed when people’s love language are in synch. But it doesn’t mean that people with different love languages won’t be able to gel, it just takes a little adjustment. As I saw in a bookmark, the ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands.

No comments: