Monday, March 22, 2010

Emilia Boncodin

I only saw her once, it was during a Petron stockholders meeting in 2008. I think she has just resigned from PGMA’s cabinet when she assumed the post as Petron’s board member. I only know her as a former Department of Budget and Management (DBM) head.


On her death, I only heard good things about her (don’t we all?). But one thing that struck me is her track record as an exemplary public servant as told by her colleagues and even adversaries.

Here’s Cielito Habito’s article (Remembering Emy) on Inquirer about a lady who dedicated her life to public service.

May there be more like her, so that the flickering hope that we have on our government officials won’t die a quiet death.

http://business.inquirer.net/money/columns/view/20100321-260086/Remembering-Emy

No comments: