Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2,922 MASL

There are some places that blow your mind away. And when words fail and pictures tell a different story, I thought of keeping this story just in my mind for a while and let the experience “simmer” until I’m ready to share about it.


I know that we have a country blessed with natural beauty on land and sea. I thought I’ve seen a lot of the best. But this country has more up its sleeve that I have never ceased to be amazed by its many surprises.

As North Face tagline says, never stop exploring. And I intend to do just that since we’re living in a very beautiful country, our wanderings will be rewarded.

On February 20-21, I tagged along 14 other fun explorers in conquering Luzon’s highest peak, Mt. Pulag or Mt. Pulog via the “easy” Ambangeg Trail. This 7.5 km hike from the Ranger Station is the easiest among the many trails to the mountain’s summit. With a difficulty level of 3/9, the easy trail wasn’t really that easy. But the body pain and the cold (I have never been that cold in my entire life) are all worth it.


view of the summit (covered by clouds) from the base camp


cold despite the layers

forget touch aversion, body heat comes in handy when your fingers are freezing


one of the countless of wildflowers strewn along our path

Shire-like

lonesome tree

This is one of those trips where preparation is key to your enjoyment and ----- survival. Thanks to our very able leader, Josiah, we survived and enjoyed.

4 comments:

dreamwalker said...

Pretty pretty sight! Hey, what do you think of going back to Pinatubo? Long route for me this time?

giting said...

Seryoso? Long route? Parang pass ako dyan this summer. Maybe next summer?

dreamwalker said...

Whhhy? 3 hours lang naman - ha ha yabang. Sige na, post-Nam trip? :p
How are you? Feeling better?

graciecrazie said...

super! prima!