Friday, March 12, 2010

Amazing Connections

I thought I have heard enough stories showing how closely people are connected, the six degrees of separation don't look like they're six after all.


But last weekend, in Quan An Ngon, where we ate three times in three days in Saigon; Noe, Tim and I were chatting and the topic came around pets. (Tim and Noe met for the first time. I just introduced them to each other before our flight.)
Yes dinner just for two in Quan An Ngon

Noe started telling this story of her officemates' friend getting a chow chow dog from China. When the pet was delivered, everything seemed normal until a few weeks later, when the pet started walking on its two feet.

The puppy is acually a cub!

Somewhere along the way, the pet request got lost in translation.

When Noe finished her story, Tim said he heard that exact same story before from two of his friends who actually know the person who bought the cub. Two people whom I just introduced to each other know the person who bought a cub.

Talk about overlapping connections.

5 comments:

dreamwalker said...

Amazing,no?

giting said...

small world.

Hope Atienza said...

Ngon I love! Nice blog, Nik!

giting said...

Thanks Hopie!
I miss Ngon. Kelan ka balik dun? Sama ako.

Hope Atienza said...

Lots of promo now with PAL :)