Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yohan


Yohan, my one-year old nephew, stays with my mom back home in the province. He has become attached to my mom that he cries whenever my mom leaves the house or appears to be walking away from the house. So when he sees someone wearing a teacher's uniform walking on the street in front of our house, he cries. He thinks anyone wearing that uniform is my mom, his lola. And he wants to tag along with her.


A simple child logic. No complicated conundrums. In his head, "Hey those are my Lola's clothes! That must be my Lola!".

Simple logic. Simple solutions.

Thanks Yohan for making me realize life need not be that complicated. The solution can be pretty simple. Who knows? That person walking in front of our house donning a teacher's uniform could really be my mom after all.

No comments: