Monday, August 24, 2009

9.8 meters per second per second

Sometimes I wonder if my acceleration is slower than the rest of the world. If the world accelerates at a dizzying rate, do I manage to maintain a somewhat constant speed or do I sometimes decelerate?

If I think about it too much, I realize I’ll just waste my time thinking about stuff that in the end doesn’t really matter. In the race called life, it doesn’t matter if I was able to outpace my fellow runners. Each person has his own pace, his own limitations. What is important is I was able to exceed my limitations.

What really matters is if I have ran the race, if I have kept the faith, and if at the end, my Master will say, “Well done, my good and faithful servant”.

1 comment:

shing said...

Oh...see, running, actually running, does make us better writers than we normally are. Sarah has to read this one!