Monday, November 17, 2008

tutti frutti

Whenever I meet Couchsurfing friends who are visiting our beloved country, I encourage them to go outside Manila that is if they have the luxury of time to do so (of course they have). Because our country has a lot to offer outside the metro.
Ok, if the world is big big tree and if the Philippines is a fruit, Manila is the secondary stem (Thanks Vida!) that connects Manila to the tree…the rest of the world that is. But the fruit is outside Manila. The fruit is the real meat. Of course the heart of the fruit or the seed is the people….the Pinoys. The Filipinos are among the friendliest people in the universe (call it a biased opinion on my race). Of course, there are exceptions to the rule. But generally, we are friendlier than most of our neighbors.
Anyway, I might suggest a new slogan for the Department of Tourism (DOT). More than the usual is acceptable. But putting that alongside Incredible India, Malaysia Truly Asia, Cambodia Kingdom of Wonder, Uniquely Singapore and Amazing Thailand, it doesn’t really stand out. How about? Friendly Fruity Philippines (so much for alliteration). Hmmm… I think I can come up with my own list later.

the best beaches


did I say the best beaches?

the best rice stairway



the best sunset

the best crater lake

5 comments:

dreamwalker said...

You do know fruity can mean something else right? He he...poker night this Saturday?

giting said...

Hehe. I'll stick with the non-slang meaning. :-)
Not sure about this Saturday. Let you know.

Anonymous said...

so, this what the secondary stem is all about! :)

nicole said...

i love the pictures! i miss the beaches :)

earthlingorgeous said...

Awesome post! Proud to be Pinoy! Been to all those places! :)

By the way, I am celebrating my blog 1 year anniversary and I would like to invite you to join my giveaway. Details here Sali ka ha :)