Thursday, October 30, 2008

light years

Changes….. I was never a fan especially if I see ‘em happening in fast forward pace that my eyes and heart can’t keep up. But I guess there are certain facts in this world that we can’t do anything about. Changes go hand in hand with living. And if I find myself light years away from where I used to be, I’ll find comfort in the fact that most of the stars that were with me before have also drifted away from our cloud of origin. And this Eraserheads song suddenly assumed a whole new meaning for me….

Big dipper, North of nowhere
Outside the room, inside my mind
I look forward to tomorrow
But can’t leave yesterday behind
How it feels so strange
To have grown and change
Now its not the same
Coz time slips and slides into another place
And try as we might
To understand each other
Doesn’t really matter where you are
It always seems too very far
It’s like you’re light years away
You’re light years away from me

No comments: