Thursday, October 23, 2008

one couch at a time

Couchsurfing, in its website, describes itself as a worldwide network for making connections between travelers and the local communities they visit. And it's not merely having a cheap place to crash. ...it's about connecting people to the place they're visiting aside from the usual tourist-y tour.

Helen introduced me to this wonderful project that aims to create a better world, one couch at a time. This project is not for everybody though. I can still remember how apprehensive I was on my first CS meeting. I was probably wary to be in the company of total strangers. Eventually, I loosened up and I realized my friends now were also total strangers to me before I met them.

I’m not really an active couchsurfer but the past few weeks I had several CS activities. And I’m really enjoying meeting travelers from all over. I love sharing the things our beautiful country has to offer. I also love hearing CS people’s stories and looking at their pictures of places in the Philippines I haven’t visited yet. While doing so, a fact is affirmed by these visitors….our country is blessed with a lot of beauty.

Here are some pictures with Couchsurfers from all over…..

My first CS hostess, Rhonda from HK

One of my first CS meet-up in Jordan Road, with a Canadian, Icelander and Pakistani

My first CS guests, Rhonda and Suey Po from HK



My second CS guests, Raquel and Shael from Toronto



My first CS Manila meet-up with CS guests from Israel, USA and Belgium

No comments: