Tuesday, September 2, 2008

point and shoot


May mga bagay talaga na sadyang di mo mapaliwanag lalo na kung samu’t saring emosyon ang nararamdaman mo. When words fail you then blogs become irrelevant. Putting into words my hodge-podge of emotions is going to come up short in describing what’s going through my head. But I just have to take a snapshot of this phenomenon (kahit point and shoot lang hindi SLR).
For the past few days, there has been a resurgence of Eraserheads fever. After the aborted concert last Saturday and after the shock wears off, and you are left with a sentimentality that goes beyond the band’s music and the lyrics. As Tata told me, you get transported to a time when you were young and carefree. And the vehicle? The band’s easy to sing along with tunes and simple yet profound lyrics that were able to capture the joys and frustrations of a generation. The Eraserheads did that. And our generation, wherever our paths have led us, should relish the thought that we can look back and reminisce how we were then. Thanks to the musical genius of Ely, Raimund, Buddy and Marcus.

This is moi with the stage as the background

1 comment:

shing said...

I was in high school when I fell in love with E-heads...and I have never been ale to get a slot in Kalayaan, but the lyrics of E-heads still speak of a time when everything was simpler... :)