Wednesday, August 27, 2008

E

Back in high school, I have this witty seatmate in senior year, Edelweiss. And half of the time, Edel and I don’t listen to the teacher’s many pwents. Instead, we tried to figure out the pronunciation of some US states but we never got Maine. And we sang Eraserheads songs. This brings me to the band’s reunion concert scheduled on August 30. They released the tickets two days before the concert. The original organizer (alliteration intended) backed out a week before the concert (which was initially planned to be an invitation only affair). Everything I know about the concert is from a Pinoyexchange forum. Now I don’t know if I’ll watch the concert this Saturday. Tickets are a bit pricey for an open air concert on a day with very high likelihood of rain. As much as I like to watch this concert, I think I’m just going to wait and see til Saturday. If I won’t be able to go to the concert, I think it won’t lessen the impact of these former college boys’ lyrics on my senior year. Or maybe I’ll just buy a CD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's how you ended up getting only third honors in high school. What were you thinking?! But I
agree, I don't know anybody who was a teenager in the 90s who didn't relate to any of the Eraserheads' songs. I only went to their concert once - the only girl in a group of about ten (mostly cute) boys - and I had to wear baggy jeans, an oversized t-shirt and Chuck Taylor knockoffs! That concert was without controversy, either, as the audience ended up throwing water bottles to the band on stage. I realized a few things after that concert: that Ely's a much better songwriter than a singer, that I wasn't their biggest fan, and needless to say that I really looked terrible. And oh, I saw my future husband in that concert. How cool is that? (Thank God he didn't see me.)

giting said...

Hey witty seatmate! And yes if we didn’t have that much fun in senior year, I would’ve been 5th or 6th or 7th .
And you in baggy jeans and oversized shirt? (the one we bought (in panic) in Landmark?) Tsk. And look at you now…hehe. Japorms lady from Hunter, UP, SSC and CIC.:-) And good thing your future husband didn't see you then.