Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Minsan

I have my own share of interesting roommates from Kalayaan to Yakal (and a brief stint in scary Kamias). But what’s most baffling (and sad) to me is I forgot who my last roommate was. And when I asked a friend who stayed in the next room, she can’t remember either. It’s like that memory of my last year was removed from my brain.
Anyway, I had dinner with some old friends from Yakal last night. Friends whom I haven’t seen for quite a while. We used to live across each other in West Wing II. (The ladies’ section of Yakal was divided into four sections, West Wing 1 & 2 and East Wing 1 & 2.)
And I recalled how we were before. We usually eat dinner in Lutong Bahay (a house cum dining place) where a full meal is ony P30 and we room-hopped every night. During study sessions, the favorite chow is instant Pancit Canton (although I’m not a big fan). Ang sarap kumain pag konti lang ang pinaghahati-hatian. We jokingly called ourselves Sorot, there were about eight core members or maybe more (iba probationary ata). The master of the Sorot just left to live the American Dream with only a tourist visa in tow, while another one has just left for France to study Physics, while another one has already settled in San Jose. My roommate (one of them) has already settled down in the province. One is studying nursing and another just came back from Berlin where she studied for a year (but toured Europe most of the time rather than study). Basta, iba iba na ang mga landas na tinatahak namin ngayon at bihira na kami magkita. But it’s good to reconnect sometimes and laugh about the past and look forward to the future.

That Eraserheads (sorry can't get enough of 'em) song, Minsan says it all. Whether Kalayaan or Yakal. …..


ngunit ngayon kay bilis maglaho ng kahapon
sana'y huwag kalimutan ang ating mga pinagsamahan
minsan ay hindi ko na alam ang nangyayari
kahit na anong gawin
lahat ng bagay ay merong hangganan
dahil ngayon tayo ay nilimot ng kahapon
di na mapipilitang buhayin ang ating pinagsamahan
ngunit kung sakaling mapadaan
baka ikaw ay aking tawagan
dahil minsan tayo ay naging tunay na magkaibigan

2 comments:

dreamwalker said...

Wow...never liked the E-heads but this song does mean something for us dormers, no? Hey, I tagged you in my blog. :p

giting said...

Of course I know that you don't like the E-heads. :-) The first time I heard this song in high school, I have no idea where Kalayaan is. I thought they were referring to Kalayaan Avenue.
And come college freshman year, I would be staying in Kalayaan. And several years later, I was living the song....