Tuesday, July 8, 2008

my new crush

I have a new crush. He's big, white, and really clean. And he also has a very feminine feature on the side, big flowers. Mannrose Liner.That's his real name. My latest crush is a bus.

My heart skips a beat whenever I see it. For reasons I cannot explain, the sight of this new clean bus plying the streets of Makati inspires me. Maybe it's the fact that it's the first time I have seen a nice clean bus in the Metro. With all those second-hand Korean and Japanese buses scattered all over the city, it's quite refreshing to see this rare sight.

The bus philosophy

But there's more to my unexplainable affinity to this bus. It’s a silver lining behind these dark clouds of hopelessness looming all over us. However disheartening our situation might be, especially with everything that’s been happening all around, it’s uplifting to see something different, something unexpected ………that along our crowded thoroughfares, a nice clean bus may come along….
Even if we only see old dilapidated buses for now, we just have to wait and make sure we won’t miss the nice bus when it finally passes by

1 comment:

shing said...

i love this post, dear! Maybe coz I have a crush on that Man(rose) too, heehee.

Yes, truly, it is an uplifting sight, not only for commuters like me who span the longer lengths of SSHiWay and Edsa, but also for the majority of us Filipinos who seem to always rely on the strength (or weakness) of our economy for our living.

There is a silver lining behind these dark clouds.