Monday, August 1, 2011

Basketball Junkie

I am a basketball junkie. I devour every available sports page during the NBA playoffs from ESPN to the LA Times. And I live in a country where every plaza has a basketball court. Ask Rafe Boggs, he knows this is a place which loves this game with a passion.

When my fave Laker comes to town, KB24, I don't get to see him in person. It's usually on a weekday and sometimes tickets are hard to come by. You either have to line up for 'em or you have to be one of those kids who ends up at the right team at the right time and gets to be in one of his basketball clinics.

So when I heard a number of NBA players are coming to town, I tried calling Ticketnet as soon as possible.
But the call on that Saturday morning was in vain. I need to go to the mall to buy the ticket. No reservations. So I did.


can't hide my glee

The Smart All Star Weekend felt like a dream. Seeing Kobe and Derek Fisher play on the court live was so surreal.  I can't believe it really did happen. I wished there were more than four quarters in a game. I wished I bought the other ticket for the next game.

I am very grateful for the wonderful opportunity to see NBA in action live. I don't need to go to Staples. Not yet anyway.

No comments: