Tuesday, August 24, 2010

All Too Familiar Place

It's nice to reminisce sometimes. Go back to where you"ve been and realize that things are really not as good or as bad as you remember them to be.


I went to an old familiar place last weekend with old friends. We ate at a place where u we couldn't afford to go to as students. It feels good to be able to pay for a decent meal. Oh the simple joys of life.

It has been almost 8 years since I left the university but somehow every time I go back there, it feels like it wasn't that long ago since I left my "comfort zone". It took two years before I finally had the guts to leave UP and face the world. Talk about being a slow adjuster. When all my classmates have already left and never looked back, I was still in my withdrawal phase. The phase that felt the break-up wasn't real, that we were still together. I admit it takes a damn long time for me to adjust. But in time, I learned.

I will always have this special connection to a place which saw me battle homesickness, fall in love, make life-long friends, struggle in my spiritual walk or simply live.

I spent 8 years in the university. And it has been 6 years since I left.

If I would be given a choice, I'd go through that again and probably fall in love more and made more life-long friends.

2 comments:

Shiela Mae Tantiado said...

some people and places step in to your life and leave foot prints in our hearts to last forever...UP has definitely branded us all for life... :)

shing said...

Yes, I wanna run with you back in that all-too-familiar place. What's the plan?