Friday, July 3, 2009

my small flat world

With the Internet, the world has flattened and reduced to a size so small that it has shrank to a size, that it has exploded in my face and expanded to its natural size.

I am amazed by the vastness of the world and still ponder at the possibility of individuals not even leaving the place where they were born. Phew, the size of the world as I know it, changes each moment I try to comprehend its immensity.

And yet, sometimes we confine ourselves to a few square meters of limited space. Such complete waste of space for some but for others, this set-up works perfectly well. To each, his own, as long as your world is not hinged on the expansion or contraction of the space around you.

So however I convince myself that it's a small world after all, its true size smacks me in the face with intensity only a Michael Bay’s alien robot can relate to.

Now, if only I can make sense of this entry.......

Jumpin' high as the world turns

No comments: