Tuesday, July 21, 2009

creature of habit

A creature of habit, I discovered I am. And anything that may disturb this equilibrium troubles me a great deal. But life is full of changes. I told myself if I allow all these aberrations trouble me each time, then I may be so messed up not knowing what has hit me. A friend told me changes build character. I agree that it should do so.

And yet, there are times that I find myself struggling in dealing with changes. It may take some time for me to get adjusted. But I know I will be fine whatever changes may arise as long as I toughen up and brave the waves of change.

But in moments I find myself grasping for constancy, I find comfort in these lines:

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

2 comments:

dreamwalker said...

the courage part takes a lot out of you, i have found out

giting said...

Yeah, it really does. Hope to see you guys soon.