Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Anawangin and Capones

I've been wanting to go to Anawangin and Capones (in Zambales) since I heard of it from an officemate. Finally on March 14, together with my high school friends, I was able to set foot on this part of Luzon. Thanks to Google and very helpful forums, we were able to execute the travel plan without major hitches.

nice white rocks in Capones island (I had small-world encounter in this island)



colors of Anawangin cove (there were a lot of campers that day)

there is a green river nearby with a lot of pine trees along the riverbank

Anawangin cove is at the foot of Mt Pundaquit, San Antonio, Zambales

The jump-off point for Anawangin is Pundaquit, San Antonio, Zambales. The cove is 30 minutes away from Pundaquit by boat. Or some opt to hike Mt Pundaquit to get to the cove. There are no resorts in Anawangin. So the place is ideal for campers. But we opted to stay in Pundaquit for the night since we are lazy to pitch a tent. But next time, I'd want to camp in Anawangin.

Basta, ang ganda talaga ng ating bansa. Yun lang.



3 comments:

dreamwalker said...

Hey! Ren and I have been planning to go to Anawangin!

giting said...

Talaga? Kelan? You plan to camp there?

Anonymous said...

may tent ko, once ko lang gid nagamit. nagfreak out ko bi sang last time nga nagcamp out kami kay damo leeches! we were in kao yai that time.

vee1009