Wednesday, January 28, 2009

30

It's my 30th birthday. I’m on a plane headed home. Things didn't turn out the way I planned it. I was supposed to be somewhere up north on my birthday. But God seems to have other plans on my birthday.
A week before my birthday, an airline representative advised my travel companions and I, of the cancellation of our flight on January 23. It turned out they are cancelling all flights to my birthday destination (for my birth month at least) because of an aircraft situation. I have no idea what that exactly means but the message is clear. I won't be northbound on the remembrance of my natal day.
Although I have been planning this for a long time, finding out that the trip wasn't pushing through wasn't as heart-breaking as I expected it to be.
I was supposed to be in Batanes from January 23 to 28. However, my grandmother’s burial was scheduled on January 24. If my trip pushed through, I would’ve missed the burial. However, God had other plans. He wants me to be home for my Lola’s homecoming. Batanes will always be there. Someday, I would set foot on this dream destination. For now, I will be with my family to take my Lola to her final resting place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nikki, sorry to hear about your loss.. batanes will be for another time im sure. take care! fran

giting said...

Hey Fran! how are you? Did you get my email? I was about to buy a Hobb book then I forgot kung ano yung una sa series. Silly me...
Take Care!

dreamwalker said...

Belated Happy birthday,Nikki!