Monday, August 11, 2008

olympicware


Olympic fever is on. And I've caught some. I have some “hard to find” Olympicware from McDonald's and from one of China’s Special Administrative Region that’s not Macau. (just trying to force some China connection in this sentence) They say that this year's opening ceremony is the best ever. Well, considering that this is the most expensive Summer Games so far. Dapat lang. Anyway, I saw some parts of the opening ceremonies on TV. And I really like what I saw.


There were some rumors of a specially trained panda lighting the torch. The real thing didn’t disappoint though. The lighting of the torch was pretty amazing. A Chinese athlete from yesteryears (who owns a sports apparel company Li Ning) lit the torch. He was hoisted by a cable and he glided on the wall of the Bird's nest (actually he was seemingly running perpendicular to a wall that is vertical of course) while video clips of the torch’s eventful world tour are being shown. I heard that Li Ning’s company's net worth shoot up because of his appearance in the opening ceremony.
I’m trying to get a copy of the opening celebration. After seeing the pictures of the other performances, I want to see the entire ceremony because China’s coming out party turns out to be quite a party.

No comments: