Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Full Circle

One year ago, Helen brought me to a hainanese chicken rice place in Novena, Wee Nam Kee. I loved their hainanese chicken rice! The place is frequented by locals and visitors alike. Due to the limited seating capacity, we shared the table with a father and son who were surprised with the not so small portions that we ordered. 

It's about time that this popular place in SG has a franchise. And it is right smack in the middle of Makati, Ayala triangle gardens. (This is the first franchise outside SG)

After a very long day going around the city, Helen and I decided to swing by ayala triangle.

I knew then Wee Nam Kee is scheduled to open on Nov 17. To my surprise, when we passed by the place was open a day earlier than the schedule. It turns out it was on soft opening.

And we got the chance to meet Mr Wee.

Helen who frequents the place in Novena has not even bumped into Mr. Wee there. It took going back home to be given the opportunity to meet the owner of one of her favorite comfort food. 
Helen and I with Mr Wee

No comments: