Monday, July 19, 2010

a bug's life

What do we get when we are able to step on a pesky bug?
Is it the same feeling of satisfaction we get when we look down on people?  
As the eternal Desiderata says, 
If you compare yourself with others, 
you may become vain or bitter, 
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. 

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. 

Those who know they are greater than others, but remain mum about it, my utmost admiration. 

And to those who brandish the flag of pride, woe to you.


And for those who feel they're greater than others, enjoy the attitude that freedom accords you. 

3 comments:

dreamwalker said...

For some reason, that made me feel even worse. I know it's not because I look down on people...I guess it's because I am waiting for my flight home, and I feel like breaking down. :(

giting said...

hey, this is not a feel-good entry. hehe. btw, punta ka dito.

dreamwalker said...

Kelan ako punta dyan? Ha ha labo ko. Or wait, you wrote that while you were in Japan!