Saturday, July 10, 2010

Barriers

Barriers are set in our minds and distance is relative.



Most of my barriers I realized are only in my mind.

Globetrotting friends showed me borders are not barriers, you can go wherever you want to go. You just have to go!


People who love freely and passionately showed me that life is too short to dwell on what might-have-beens, you have to live in the moment.


People who have encountered barriers in life and love showed me that these barriers are not barriers at all. Rather they are just bumps on the road or a structure that we can catapult over.


Barriers, should there be, shouldn't limit our capacity to explore, imagine and enjoy.


Much has been said of a borderless world, so much has been said of limitless possibilities, and yet barriers bug us down because we let them.


No highways would have been completed if the engineers see mountains as barriers…..rather than structures by which they would carve a path.

So when the road gets rough and unnavigable, I will not fret. There could be a path less traveled by, friendlier to my feet and my butt.


1 comment:

shing said...

ah. such an optimistic post from you. =)