Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cassette Tape

The patience of looking for the next track on a cassette tape, a friend told me our generation has this to claim.

We bought cassette tapes and after listening to the entire album. There are some songs that you figured out you liked more than the others. So you decide to make the effort to look for that song by forwarding or rewinding. Taking time to estimate which part of the tape it really is. In a way, my friend told me that exercise taught our generation, patience.

But in the CD and mp3 generation, we got it easy. The tracks have numbers. You just have to skip to the next track.

That maybe in a little way taught me a lesson on how to deal with people around me. It takes time and effort and a lot of gut feel.

Nowadays, we have email, instant messaging, social networking sites. They connect you with people. But then again. these aren't substitutes.

They will only be substitutes if you allow them to be.



8 comments:

dreamwalker said...

Thank God for cassette tapes, then. I know I've tried your patience more than I realize. Mushy time: thanks for always being there!

giting said...

Hey hey. You haven't even stretched it. :-)
See you soon.

dreamwalker said...

Let's set a date this weekend! What do you prefer? Rib-eye or lamb?

shing said...

korek ka dyan, Nik! Effort, and a lot of gut feel...but sometimes, even THAT doesn't work well...

Let's talk TALK soon?

giting said...

@Noe Rib-eye. Gusto mo talaga magbeach?
@Shing Yes, let's talk over Chicken Biryani rather than Greek.

shing said...

Hey! I actually have a mix-casette tape just for you...it's from HS though, so I'm not sure you'll like the choices. Mix-tape!!! Who still has those, diba? =)

I'll give it to you over boiled eggs and saba. =)

Then we can have Biryani (and something else) on another day!

giting said...

Uy Salamat in advance.
Excited for the saba tom.
I’ll try to hit the sack really early later para timprano ko buas.
The net is a better “Hermes” than our mobile network. 

shing said...

I agree! Yes, saba and eggs ready and sitting on the dining table, ready for tomorrow's hungry runners.

And iced tea in the freezer! I hear Nancy is bringing fruits and pan de sal too! Oooooh! We better run long and hard, hehehe.

Praying for refreshing weather!