Saturday, October 22, 2011

Circle of Life

We watched Lion King back in high school. My dormmates and I trooped to the Allegro Theater along J. M. Basa St. (those were the days when theaters were not in malls). I remember we all teared up when Mufasa died. We all sang with Simba, Timon and Pumbaa in Hakuna Matata. We fell in love with "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?" During our junior year, we (the Vanguards) sang Circle of Life in one contest. It was one of our more respectable finishes (3 of 4 I think).

So yes, Simba was a part of our high school. Lion King, along with Beauty and the Beast and Mulan are my top hand-drawn Disney movies. So when I learned that they were staging Lion King in Singapura. I've been wanting to go. But going there just to see it was impractical. So when an opportunity from my company, of a connecting flight presented itself via SG, I immediately took it.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to watch Lion King before its last roar on October 30. It is a wonderful blessing.  

The play's production design was astounding but the singing and dancing was not that impressive for me. Overall, it was a nice experience to relive a movie that reminds us of a problem-free philosophy. Hakuna Matata.

No comments: