Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Small World

What started this are my collection of small world encounters. So almost three years later, here I am paying homage.... In my last trip, I had two experiences which reminded me how small the world really is.




1. My friend Grace was the one who booked our hostel online, Inside Backpackers. When I told my Korean friend, Dong-ic-lee, where we are staying, he was delighted since the hostel turned out to be owned by his college friend, Jeong.


2. A couple of weeks after the trip, I got a message from a CS friend which says “OMG, you stayed in Inside Backpackers?” It turned out she stayed in the same hostel two days after we left Seoul.


Ok, it could be that Inside backpackers is that popular but I’d rather think the world is really small despite its apparent vastness.


3. A college friend Egay, asked me if I want to meet Jessica Z while she’s covering a rugby game between the Phils and SK (I think). Egay who is based in Busan was in Seoul for the weekend to help Jessica in documenting the game. Too bad I wasn’t able to make it to the game. Meeting her would’ve given an interesting “twist” to the small world adage.         

No comments: